Types Of Animation – What Are They
Types Of Animation – What Are They
More and more social projects and brands prefer animated versions of video for branding or presenting ideas. That’s no surprise at all, because techniques of animation are multifaceted, diverse, and capable of conveying complex things and concepts in a simple language of images that are easily perceived not only by experts but by ordinary people also.
The term “animation” has its roots in the Latin word “anima” – the soul, no doubt the best way to determine this method of transmitting information by visual means, because all types of animation can really breathe the soul into a static picture and fulfill it with movements, emotions, meaning. And the main merits of each type of computer animation are:
- Attracts the visitor’s attention to important details. You can see it in the simple example: the animation can highlight the main information in the online store – to direct the viewer’s sight to the goods that need to be sold in the first place. Or separate the categories of goods in the menu so that the user is not confused.
- Provides navigation. It is much more interesting to wander around the site, accompanied by animated tips, than to understand the navigation in splendid isolation. Funny images help to understand the structure of the site – suggest where to go and what is where.
- Expresses emotions. Good animation arise emotional rebound of people and it’s up to the animator to choose the emotion list to present through animated video means. High-quality animation makes a person smile, laugh, can cause a feeling of satisfaction.
- Reflects the characteristics of the subject – the site or a single product. Google even introduced the concept of “material design”, which gives the concept of the nature of an object and tells how big or small it is, light or heavy.
- Motivates to perform targeted actions and increases conversion.
The Main Types of Computer Animation
In order to explain the different types of animation that will most fully and advantageously describe your idea or story, you should remember the rule of three steps:
- Think over the concept and highlight exactly what type of animation will emphasize it best. For example, for a high-tech company, the video with 3D animation types will look the most organic, but regarding a cozy bakery the 2d-video or the mix of animation with live motion will be the best solution.
- Do not forget about the competition: you should not unequivocally duplicate the tricks of other players in your business, but it’s still worthwhile to demonstrate their successful solutions in the field of video creation.
- Determine the cost: different types of animation styles stand differently, and so that your advertising budget does not go to pieces, you should remember that.
Now let’s go directly to the different types of animation and their features.
Stop motion Animation Types – slide by slide animation footage of photos taken in a specific sequence. Moreover, the participants of it can be as real objects so animated toys or even fruits or vegetables or just schematic hand-made personalities or drawn objects. The result is an extravagant and at the same time eye-catching movie that is memorized accurately.
Example of the stop motion animation:
Animation and Live Motion Mixed – this method was repeatedly implemented in the industry of music videos or movies. Cartoon characters or drawn by animation tools background, in which real people act and objects can be transferred to a fairy tale.
Example of Animation and Live Motion Mixed:
Whiteboard Animation is not a novelty, but its popularity increases in a few last years’ greatly. That’s a way of video production in which objects and stories appear in the form of sketches on a whiteboard or some kind of layer, created by the designer’s hand. The drawings tell their ideas, while the animation itself looks stylish and concise.
Example of Whiteboard Animation:
Motion Graphics is a special kind of animation in which the simplest objects are used, and most often, there are no selected characters. All information in this video is transmitted using text, video effects, sound and music. Starting from movie titles, ending with advertising boards, this type of advertising animation is used everywhere.
2d Animation Types are a real classic of filmmaking. Cartoons in 2D – is a reference to the childhood of every potential buyer. And the storyline and attractive characters make these videos especially precious for the viewers. There’s a great difference between the first 2d animation used a century ago and today’s techniques – the newest tools make it more diverse and exact at the same time. Example of 2D animation:
Of course, there’s no way out without the 3d Animation types! It’s merely everywhere and the number of movies, games, ads using that instrument increases rapidly. It makes an extraordinary deep feeling of reality and the miracle at the same time. So you can use all its advantages for your brand presentation or explainer video the same. 3D animation example:
Each type of animation techniques is in great use, so if you have not already estimated its privileges, just do it right now!