How Animated Video Works for Startups
How Animated Video Works for Startups
Wondering why startup explainer video should be a part of your marketing strategy? The short answer is that it is the best way to capture the attention of your target audience and tell your startup’s story.
Here are some convincing statistics:
- 72% of consumers prefer videos over text to learn about a product or service;
- 92% of mobile users share videos with other people;
- Adding videos to landing pages can increase conversions by about 80%;
- 87% of businesses use explainer videos to boost their sales;
- 3 out of 4 users who watch an explainer video about a product subsequently purchase it.
Read this article to learn more about animated video for startups and get a better idea of why you should include it into your marketing mix.
Why Is Startup Video Effective?
These short animated videos deliver a business idea in a fast and simple manner. They tell a story in a unique way and make it easy to understand and remember. Being informational and educational, they are effective tools to convey your brand message to your customers because they stimulate the primal brain area, using the combination of both sight and sound. And according to research, human brain can remember about 68% more information when visual and auditory senses are stimulated simultaneously.
That is exactly what happens when people watch a startup explainer video. It lasts less than 90 seconds and tells what the company does and what solution it offers to customers and explains why it makes the best choice for consumers to solve their problems.
Why Should You Use Startup Explainer Video?
Startup videos are beneficial for businesses with complicated products or services that want to convey their key messages to their audience quickly and effectively. They can be used in different industries, for example, finance, healthcare, education, retail, real estate, marketing, and more.
Here are some of the reasons businesses need them:
- Animations allow you to engage with any audience and are just right if you target a wide range of demographics;
- Animated videos get viewers emotionally connected to them and to your company’s offering;
- You can easily represent any abstract idea;
- Viewers appreciate that explainer videos provide a solution to their problem;
- Animated videos are convenient and enable your customers to watch them where they are;
- Animations perfectly display a brand story in an appealing way;
- Explainer videos explain the core of your business and why it exists;
- They convince users to stay longer on your website and improve its SEO metrics;
- They increase conversion and drive more sales.
How Should You Integrate Startup Videos into Your Buyer’s Journey?
During the buyer’s journey, prospects move through 3 main stages before they make a purchase:
- Awareness – they know they have a problem;
- Consideration – they gather info about different companies that can solve their problem;
- Decision – prospects know which solution is the best for their needs.
Animated explainer videos are generally used for the consideration stage when prospects are doing their research and are willing to listen about your offering and the features that make your product stand out from the competitors.
You can use animated video to educate your prospects when they are looking for the best alternative. If your video is appealing and engaging, your prospects may consider your product as a very good option.
Where Should You Use Animated Explainer Videos?
That depends on your business needs and goals:
- Use them on your website’s homepage, product or landing pages if you want to drive sales;
- Include animated videos in social media channels, emails, sales presentations, and paid media if you want to support your marketing campaigns;
- Upload videos to YouTube to improve your company’s search engine ranking.
Animated Videos: Common Types and Styles
The most popular type is overview videos that describe the benefits of a certain product or service and explain why it exists. How-to-videos quickly explain how users can do something more specific, for example, create a subscriber’s account or make a purchase. FAQ videos provide quick answers to the most common questions.
As to the styles, there are tons of their choice will depend on the message you want to convey, your brand, and budget. For example, motion graphics is the most basic style commonly used by scientific, healthcare, and tech industries. It can be used for commercial or promotional purposes in animated logos and explainer videos. Whiteboard animations include an animated hand that draws on a whiteboard; they are common for the e-learning industry. 3D animations are great for explaining highly abstract concepts and are used by retail, finance, and tech industries.
If you haven’t started to get serious about using animated videos for your startup yet, the time to take action is right now because they are an engaging and fun alternative to text content. Startup video offers a lot of benefits, engaging potential customers in a lively manner and encouraging them to take action, and they can be easily shared across various channels. They are also versatile and can be used to build trust and boost conversion rates.